Why we all need to know the scriptures for ourselves

I grew up in a Christian home - I knew God was out there, and I didn’t mind attending church on a Sunday (well, most of the time I didn’t!). But life wasn’t easy, and being a Christian certainly didn’t make me exempt from hardship (I know you can all relate!)! In fact, in my times of struggle, often I would end up being frustrated at God for not helping me or answering my prayers. I would feel at times a bit hurt, rejected or unheard by him too – and because of that I felt like I had to just fix everything myself. I really wanted to know what to do to really have God be present in my life and be that helping hand that others would share he was for them - but I didn’t know what I needed to do to achieve that.


I lived my life of faith trusting that God was good and that he wanted good things for us, but the prayers, worship and encouraging sermons were not enough – I still felt like I was at six degrees of separation from God. I wanted to grow closer to Him, but the Bible seemed too hard to understand, and if I’m honest, it seemed like quite a chore to read too. I also avoided reading the Bible because I thought that it was enough for my pastor to just share some verses with me each week. I thought it was only pastors who needed to study the Bible, but I didn’t need to be that ‘hard core’ myself. I tried doing many alternative faith-based things to fill the longing in my heart, but I ended up wondering if there was something I just wasn’t getting in the end. Although I wanted to connect with God, I thought maybe he didn’t want to connect with me. 


That is what I used to think. 


Fast forward to when I started learning the Bible properly from Shincheonji….this was when I realized that when I learnt the scriptures for myself - in the way that they are meant to be  understood - that God actually really did want to connect with me! Through learning the scriptures for myself, it was like God finally found a way to connect with me in my heart and speak life, hope and his plans to me there! 


It was like I was trying to call God but with a faulty phone network. When I changed to using the network of the Word, the connection to God became clear….and this is how my life of faith really changed and grew in the most amazing way!


It was really the fulfilment of this verse for me!

John 14:24
Jesus replied, “Anyone who loves me will obey my teaching. My Father will love them, and we will come to them and make our home with them.


Just like what this scripture above says, God loves those who obey his Word and it is to those that his spirit comes and dwells with (a person’s heart is like a building/home for God’s spirit, 1 Cor 3:9)


Yes, before learning the scriptures for myself, I didn’t feel properly connected to God, but since learning the scriptures for myself, I have been able to reconnect with God! 

Let’s also think about this verse for a moment:

John 1:1-4
In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 


It says that God = Word = Life = Light


We can see in this verse that God who is spirit, is found in the Word (the words of His spirit are there). Therefore it makes sense that when we have the Word in us that we have God, His spirit, life and light with us too, right! 


Yes, that is what the scriptures say. 

And why else do we need to know and believe in the scriptures for ourselves?


2 Tim 3:16-17
All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.


We are all sinners and fall short of the glory of God (Rom 3:23), therefore we all need to know and believe the scriptures for ourselves so we can be personally taught, rebuked, corrected and trained in righteousness by God. 


Doesn’t it say that the scriptures are what God’s spirit uses to change us into those that can do God’s good work? Yes!


We also all know that God created us for a reason and purpose, and we want to walk the path that God has made for us in order to fulfil that. So how can we know what God’s path is for us?


Ps 119:105
Your word is a lamp for my feet, a light on my path.


As we read above, the Word is the God’s path that we need to follow. We can link this to Matt 7:13-14, where we can understand that the path of the Word is the narrow road we must walk to enter through the narrow gate that leads to life (Heaven). About this narrow road and gate to heaven, it says that only a few find it, but many take the broad road with the wide gate that leads to destruction instead.


Therefore, we want to be those few that find the narrow road that leads to Heaven! This is the purpose of our faith and the path of the Word too! 


We know that at the time of Revelations fulfilment, the Heaven that would be the best to go to is the Heaven that Jesus will make on the earth, right? (This being the 12 tribes of New Heaven New Earth who are God’s recreated new Kingdom and new people**). What does the Bible say about how to walk the road that leads to Heaven on earth then?


Heb 8:10
This is the covenant I will establish with the people of Israel
    after that time, declares the Lord.
I will put my laws in their minds
    and write them on their hearts.
I will be their God,
    and they will be my people.


Yes, God’s people (the new spiritual Israel) need to put God’s laws (instructions and prophecies of the New Testament Word) in their minds and write them on their hearts to become God’s people who can inherit the kingdom of Heaven.


And this is not something we should take lightly. In fact there is another verse that I’m sure many people avoid reading, or have not read before that we should take to heart:


Rev 22:18-19
I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.


Let me share what Man Hee Lee the Chairman of Shincheonji says so clearly about this verse:

“It is written that if one adds to or subtracts from this Revelation, then he cannot enter the kingdom of heaven but will receive curses (plagues) (Rv 22:18-19). Then, between those who have added to and subtracted from Revelation and those who have not, who would be able to enter the kingdom of heaven? 

...What kingdom of heaven do those who have added to and subtracted from all of Revelation lie about going to? One cannot enter the kingdom of heaven if he adds to or subtracts from Revelation. This is the true testimony.”


Amen. The logic of his comment is true according to God’s Word.


So to conclude my friends, we can clearly see that not only through my own personal story, but even more importantly through the scriptures of God, the necessity of why we all need to know the scriptures for ourselves!


By knowing the scriptures for ourselves, we can be reconnected with God, learn how to keep God’s law without adding or taking away from Revelation, and walk the path and purpose of our life that leads to the kingdom of heaven!


Truly, there is so much life and light revealed to one who learns the Word (properly). I hope you will all be encouraged and take this to heart so you can make a plan to study the Word and realise the wonder of walking the path of God which is the whole reason and purpose of your life and faith. Please see below how to learn the Word properly through Shincheonji.


- Christine xx

____________________________________________

**You might like to read two of my previous blog posts to understand about this:
1. https://wonderfulshincheonjilifenz.blogspot.com/2022/08/what-is-shincheonji-according-to-bible.html
2. https://wonderfulshincheonjilifenz.blogspot.com/2022/09/what-are-12-tribes-of-shincheonji.html


If you would like to learn the proper understanding of the Word of the Holy Spirit (to cleanse/rebirth you), please leave your email address in the comments, or enquire on the below website about the nearest region to you that hosts the Free Bible Course from Shincheonji!


richardschristine001@gmail.com 

https://www.shincheonji.org/ 



#lovebible #ShincheonjiChurch #God #JESUS #prophecy #revelation
#hope #love #faith #believe #life #peace #pray #blessed #happiness #grace #church  #truth #christianity #wisdom #jesuschrist #Amen #manheelee #endtimes  #HolySpirit #leemanhee #holybible #righteousness #revelation_i_have_seen_and_heard #LoveGod

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why do some people call Shincheonji a cult?

What does it take to know Revelation?

What does Shincheonji teach?